Saturday 12 February 2011

Second attempt at Macarons

This time I used the piping bag and I achieved the smooth tops that were missing last time. However, as an experiment I used the whoopie pie tray as a way of getting even circles of mixture. The tops cooked perfectly, but the bases were still soft and spongy when I took them out of the tray. I turned them upside down on a baking tray and put them back in the oven for ten minutes.


When they were all cold I sandwiched them with strawberry jam. The results were edible and members of my committee praised them, but I know I can do better. Next time I will use the piping bag AND the baking tray. Note to self: shortcuts do not save time!

Mini Sponges

The whoopie pie tray is great for making these bite-sized victoria sponges which I sandwiched with butter icing and strawberry jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment